a project of the Corporate Alliance to End Partner Violence
and HopeLine® from Verizon
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), intimate partner violence victims lose a total of nearly 8 million days of paid work a year, the equivalent of more than 32,000 full-time jobs, and the cost of domestic violence to the U.S. economy is more than $8.3 billion. A national telephone survey by CAEPV found that 21 percent of full-time employed adults were victims of domestic violence and 64 percent of them indicated their work performance was significantly impacted.
Domestic violence does not stop at the door when employees go to work. The CAEPV HopeLine® from Verizon Webinar Series
is designed to help increase employer awareness of domestic violence as a workplace issue and offer strategies for employers to recognize and respond to it.
Domestic Violence and the Workplace: Three Case Studies in Practice
Friday, September 23, 2011 - COMPLETED
2:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET / 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. CT / 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. PT
Recording: AVAILABLE NOW!
“Domestic Violence and the Workplace: Three Case Studies in Practice”
– is an educational opportunity provided through the CAEPV HopeLine® from Verizon Webinar Series
A recent survey of CEOs found that most believe domestic violence to be a serious issue, yet 71% did not believe it is a problem in their company. The reality is that approximately 21% of full-time working adults report being a victim of domestic violence.
This webinar will examine current practices of employers addressing domestic violence as a workplace issue from three unique perspectives.
- M. Alan Gardner
Vice President, Human Resources
- Kim Wells
Corporate Alliance to End Partner Violence
- Jane Randel
Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications & Brand Services
Liz Claiborne Inc.
- Ken Dolan-Del Vecchio
Vice President, Health and Wellness
- Dr. Brigid McCaw
Medical Director, KP NCal Family Violence Prevention Program
- Agenda [ Download ]
- Webinar Presentation as PDF
- Liz Claiborne's Love is Not Abuse Program [ Link ]
- Liz Claiborne's Domestic Violence in the Workplace Policy [ Link ]
- Liz Claiborne's Recognize, Respond, Refer Brochure [ Download ]
- Liz Claiborne's DV Aware Card [ Download ]
- Liz Claiborne's Love is Not Abuse iPhone App [ Link ]
- NO MORE Project [ Link ]
- Kaiser Permanente's Family Violence Prevention Program [ Link ]
- Kaiser Permanente's Domestic Violence Health & Productivity [ Download ]
- Kaiser Permanente's Employee Tipsheet [ Download ]
- Kaiser Permanente's silentWitness Display [ Link ]
- Kaiser Permanente's silentWitness Brochure [ Download ]
- Kaiser Permanente's Break Room Poster [ Download ]
- Prudential Financial's PruTube episode on Domestic Violence is not available for download and is restricted to registered webinar participants. Participants may view the PruTube video through a link provided in their reminder email.
THESE PRESENTATIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW ONLY. Presentations in part or whole may not be reproduced without the permission of the Corporate Alliance to End Partner Violence. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for usage permissions.
Please visit the Articles & Advice
section of our website for more information on how to assist victims at work and deal with employees who batter. These resources are designed to touch upon the most common--and sensitive--issues that organizations face.
For questions, or to learn how the Corporate Alliance to End Partner Violence can partner with your organization, contact email@example.com
Join the mission to end domestic violence:
- Donate a no-longer-used wireless phone to help victims of domestic violence. Learn more.
- Host a phone drive to benefit victims of domestic violence, while helping the environment. Follow these quick and easy steps to host your own drive.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org