Young people are our future - the community leaders, educators, parents, managers, executives, and employees of tomorrow. One of the best investments that we can make is to help them create and maintain healthy relationships as adults.
To help accomplish this, the Corporate Alliance to End Partner Violence is proud to offer "Love's Not Supposed to Hurt: A Program on Dating Violence."
The program includes a 30-minute video, leader's guide, and handouts that may be reproduced for audience use.
The goals of the program are to help young people:
- Gain an introductory understanding of the dynamics involved in partner violence
- Learn how to identify potentially dangerous relationships before they start
- Become aware of local and national resources available to them if they need assistance (as a victim or abuser)
- Learn what to do if they are concerned about a friend being involved in a dating violence situation
- Learn how to become involved in ending partner violence in their community
The program is not currently available.
"I've never been so glad to attend a campus program in my life - this is just what I needed to hear. . . I'm really glad I came."
"It made me realize I was involved in an abusive relationship and I got out before it got bad. I'm glad I learned this information so I know not to get into a relationship like that again."
"I learned I was in an abusive relationship: I knew it, but this program reinforced it. I broke up with him 2 years ago and he's been calling lately and this program reminded me why I broke up with him."